Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2018

6 April 2018 - carb rebuild - replacement

Well I bought a holley rebuild kit for the 0-1850s carb and replaced all the gaskets/hardware provided in the kit.  The rebuild was somewhat of a success.  I accidentally installed the incorrect gasket between the main body and throttle plate.  That error created a very bad vacuum leak between the main body and throttle plate.  So I put the correct one in and the engine ran better but still did not idle smoothly.  I could still drive the car but I had to let the engine warm a bit longer than usual to be to drive.  So after all of that I decided to buy a new holley 0-1850s carb from Summit Racing.

I replaced the old carb with the new and it was a night and day difference.  I had some other issues with the old carb.  The engine now runs alot better.  Crisp throttle response at high way speeds and very good response from a standing start.

I am looking into what I am going to do with the old carb...