Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

11 July 2017 - front floor pan driver and passenger sides

Since I drive the car as a daily driver, I noticed today after a serious rain storm, water leakage in the front driver and passenger side floor pans.

I removed the bench seat and front portion of the carpeting to get to the front floor pans and firewall panels.

Looks like the cowl vents are leaking and the water has been accumulating on the front floor pans.  So today I spent about 3 hours cleaning/removing the rust and factory tar sealer.

In several areas on the driver and passenger sides there are pinholes in the floor pans.

I also found that on the driver side the floor panel to firewall section that has a 1/16" gap three inches long.

I will continue to clean the areas and apply a rust encapsulator product to stop the spread of rust in these areas.