Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2017

22 July 2017 - Driver and Passenger cowl vent areas


Today I painted another coat of Eastwood rust encapsulator on the passenger side outside cowl vent area and I also painted a coat on the inside of the passenger side cowl vent.

While that was drying I started cleanup of the driver side cowl vent area outside.  I removed all of the seal sealer and tar coating at the seams and edges of the cowl vent outside areas.  Next step is to clean/scape/vacuume the driver side cowl vent areas.  I need to get that as clean as possible so that I can paint seveal coats of the rust encapsulator.

I painted a coat of rust encapsulator on the driver side cowl vent outside area.  I also decided to go ahead and use the rattle can of rust encapsulator and spray the cowl vents from inside the floorboard areas.  I used a flexible spraying extension hose for the rattle can so that I could spray all around the vents as much as possible.

While waiting for the rust encapsulator to dry, I cleaned both front fenders and prepared them for painting a couple of coats of rust encapsulator and then under coating.

The rust encapsulator is still drying, I'll wait untill tomorrow and hopefully everything will be dry.