Search This Blog

Saturday, July 29, 2017

29 July 2017 - Heater box / undercoating

Continued with cleanup of the heater box metal hardware.  I removed all of the metal hardware from the heater box and I have been soaking the parts in Evapo-Rust.  Right now the only part left to soak in the Evapo-Rust is a door assembly and the heater blower fan.  The other parts have been prep'd and painted with rust converter/primer and are ready for topcoat.

I also cleaned up and painted the blower motor and the blower motor mounting plate.

I received the heater core rubber inserts and the blower motor resistor block and mounting hardware today.

Spayed a couple more coats of the undercoating on the outside cowl vent areas.  I think I am done with that now and will start putting the fenders, front facia and bumper back on the car.

I also used a rust converter paint on the inside of the cowl vent areas.  Tomorrow I might put a couple more light coats down and see how that looks.