Search This Blog

Monday, July 31, 2017

31 July 2017 - Heater box

Today I started to put the heater box back together.  I found out that the replacement heater core did not fit in the heater box.  The inlet and outlet ports of the heater core were too close together.  So it would not fit inside the assembly.  Also the rubber seals do not fit the heater core.  I ended up returning the unit and going to a different auto parts store to order what I believe is the correct part.  Once I finally get the part I will assemble the heater box(hopefully that will be tomorrow).

The assembling requires installation of a seal kit for the heater box metal hardware first, then the metal hardware and then installation of the heater core.  Then the two halves of the heater box go together, and then installation of the blower motor.

Also I will be replacing the heater resistor module.

Currently the blower motor fan is soaking in Krudd Kutter Must for Rust.