Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

11 Oct 2016 - Driver side front suspension/brakes

The nuts and bolts and mounting hardware that has been soaking in Evapo-Rust looks like its ready to clean and paint.  I'll see what I can clean and paint tonight, or I just might wait until tomorrow...
 
I was able to clean and paint the spindle and hub today.  I also did a little touch up work on the driver side engine bay where the power booster is mounted.

Right now while the paint is drying/curing for the spindle, brake drum and engine bay I will finish cleanup of the drum brake parts.  They need to soak a bit more, and then I can clean/paint them.

Also the driver side wheel well needs to dry/cure for a few more days then I can begin installation of the suspension components.

While I was positioning the pitman arm on the steering box I noticed a bit of looseness.  I will see if I can make adjustments on the box to square away that problem.  It looks like I have to wait until the suspension is completely installed tho, before that gets adjusted.