Search This Blog

Saturday, October 8, 2016

8 October 2016 - Front passenger side suspension - strut rod to lower control arm

I ran into a problem with the upper coil spring insulators during installation.  The insulators fit the springs just fine.  But the insulators do not seat properly in the upper coil spring area - they are about 1/32" too small.

Also, while cleaning up the strut rod to lower control arm bolts and nuts, I found out that the nuts are damaged and will not thread properly on to the bolts.  I think I caused that will removing the nuts with the impact wrench.  So I will do a little research and see if I can find a strut rod to lower control arm hardware kit/package.

I found a strut rod to lower control arm hardware kit at Virginia Classic Mustang.  So I ordered it and it should be here by Thursday or Friday next week.

I will continue with replacing/installing the front suspension hardware.

I noticed while installing the passenger side coil spring that the top of the coil spring does not seat fully in the upper coil spring mount.  The replacement coil is about 3" shorter than the stock coilI also noticed that the upper spindle ball joint boot is very, very, very compressed when the new coil spring is installed.  So I will put the coil springs in for both sides after all of the other suspension components are replaced.