Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2016

2 Oct 2016 - Passenger side headlight chassis

I looked at the passenger side front grille assembly and found that the headlight chassis is very rusty.  I decided to disassemble the grille and headlight chassis to clean up and then paint it.  Currently all of thr mounting hardware is soaking in a jar of Evapo-Rust.  The headlight chassis has been replaced with a spare.  The spare has been primer painted, and when that dries, chassis and roll bar black will be applied.

Painted the headlight chassis and also the mounting hardware.  I removed the bracket for the head light grill door and replaced it with one that I have already cleaned/painted.  I don't have extra screws and bolts for the grill door so I have removed what was installed and started to clean and paint the parts.  Later today I should have all of the hardware cleaned and painted.

Later this week I need to assemble the front bumper mounting brackets and put the bumper in a safe place.


Here is the hardware for mounting bumper brackets to bumper, idler arm mounting hardware and passenger side front grill hardware
the 6 screws that fasten the grill door to the hinge pivot.
passenger side front grill - headlight bucket removed
stone deflector during cleanup

stone deflector during cleanup

passenger side shock tower bottom up view

passenger side lower control arm mounting point