Search This Blog

Monday, March 13, 2017

13 March 2017 - ToDo

Continuing to work on tracking down vacuum leaks.

The small rubber hose that connects the vacuum modulator to the vacuum hard line appears to be a leak.  The hose does not fitter very well and actually fell off while I was under the car looking at it and trying to adjust it.  So I need to come up with a fix for that.  Also noticed that the manifold vacuum port on the back of the Holley 1850 is too loose.  The hose I had on there seemed like it was snug but it wasn't, the hose moves to easily, so I need to see what kind of fix I can do on that problem.


The pcv valve has a hose that connects the valve to the back of the holley to the manifold vacuum port.  The OEM reproduction hose I ordered does fit the pcv valve but not the port on the carb.

Also I need to check the power booster to make sure it is good.  Here is a check that I can do...connect the vacuum brake bleeder tool to the check valve of the booster, pull 10-15 Hg and see if the booster holds vacuum...then need to push the brake pedal to see how much vacuum is used and to see if the brakes work better than when the engine is running....