Search This Blog

Friday, March 31, 2017

31 March 2017

Took the car for a drive to check the temp gage functionality and to see if the engine is actually overheating.  I drove for about 15 minutes and the entire time the temps on the gages stayed at around 180 to 185 degrees.

The second mechanical temp gage has been temporarily mountedon the driver side fender and it is held in place with magnets.  So far the magnets are keeping the gage in place without issues.





After the drive, I checked the engine oil for water and did not find any.  I did not see any other signs of coolant leakage or engine oil leakage or tranmission oil leakage(except for the tailshaft which I have been monitoring).

I need to check the suspension to make sure things are ok.

I am considering getting a vacuume gage and mount that in the gage cluster location that is in the middle upper of the instrument panel.