Search This Blog

Thursday, March 30, 2017

30 March 2017 - The Merc

Both mechanical temp gauges read roughly the same temps.  The Auto gage unit is easier to read the gradients while the no name brand is not so easy.  I filled the coolant system and ran the engine for about 20 minutes or so and checked the temp gauges.  The engine does not appear to be overheating running in the garage at 1500 rpms.

Looks like the electrical temp gauge sender was not properly grounded.


I was considering taping the second temp gauge to the hood just for testing purposes.  But I think I will install a gauge panel and install the second temp gauge in that.

So I will have to drain the coolant and route the temp gauge line through the firewall which means cutting a whole big enough for the sending unit to fit through....so might not do that,might just keep it where it is until I'm done checking on the engine temps...


Checked the instrument lighting of the new gauge cluster and it works.